Thursday, November 18, 2010

Week 11 Picks

I feel like the NFL should pay us for the time and space we are wasting on tonight's Thursday night yawn-fest between the Miami Dolphins and Chicago Bears. Something about a shootout between Jay Cutler and Tyler Thigpen doesn't exactly get my adrenaline pumping. Anyway, here's our take on the first game of Week 11. As always, last week's results will be saved for Sunday's picks(since nobody outside of Miami and Chicago will care enough to check this piece anyway).


Bears (+1.5) at Dolphins


Dave: Bears - The Bears have one win against a team with a winning record this season, and they needed everything short of a head start to pull out that victory against Green Bay. Miami is one of those rare teams that can't seem to win at home(probably because sports fans in South Beach don't care much about sports) and they're starting a guy in Tyler Thigpen who is 1-11 as a starter in his career. Now, can I see Miami's defense bowling over Chicago's crap offensive line and pressuring Cutler into some bad decisions? Sure, but I can also see this Miami offense struggling to score points against a Top 5 run defense with a QB who has had two days worth of first-team snaps. I'll go Bears by 3.

Gabe: Dolphins - Dave hit on why I think this game is going to Miami's way....Jay Cutler. I think Miami's run game against the Chicago run D is going to a wash. But the Dolphins pass rush is going to get to Cutler and pressure him into mistakes. I see multiple picks out of him, including a pick six. I'll say that's the difference, Miami by a touchdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment