Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week 15 Picks Continued....

Dave continues to be the King of Thursday night, but the boys both got a W to start this week.


Week 14 was one to forget at the Boom Roasted Sports offices. Mr. Sausage & Peppers has gone over 100 losses for the season, while Gabe is probably well on his way to doing the same. Dave had to get out early this morning to make his legal money, so we just have his picks for now. His explanations will come later.


Last Week:
Dave: 6-8-2
Gabe: 5-9-2


This Week, so far:
Dave: 1-0
Gabe: 1-0


Season Series:
Dave: 83-101-6
Gabe: 94-90-6


Atlanta (-6) at Seattle


Gabe: Atlanta - I still think Seattle is terrible and Atlanta needs to win this game to prove they are for real. Atlanta by 10.


Dave: Atlanta - As tough as it is to go on the road, into Qwest Field and get a W, the Falcons have homefield advantage in their sights and the Seahawks aren't good enough to stop Atlanta from taking their kill shot on the NFC.


Green Bay (+14) at New England


Gabe: New England - Green Bay is starting Matt Flynn at quarterback, on the road. New England is playing out of their mind right now. Lock it up. New England by three touchdowns.

Dave: New England - I'm so depressed about what's about to happen to my Packers, I may break my 28-year sobriety tonight. Green Bay's scant hopes of staying alive in the NFC North relies on subpar backup Matt Flynn going into New England and pulling off a Yao Ming-sized upset. Mind you, this is the same Matt Flynn that couldn't lead a touchdown-scoring drive in one half of play against lowly Detroit last week. Ugh....I'm getting sick just thinking about this. Pats by 17.


Denver (+7.5) at Oakland


Gabe: Oakland - I'd be willing to bet Tim Tebow throws more pick sixes than touchdowns. Oakland wins big.

Dave: Broncos - When I initially emailed(or Facebook messaged, whatever) Gabe this pick, I completely forgot Denver got trounced by Oakland the last time they played....and that was IN Denver. I think Tim Tebow, making his debut, does enough with his arm and legs to at least make it close. Raiders by a touchdown.


New Orleans (+2.5) at Baltimore


Gabe: New Orleans - The Saints are playing well right now. Baltimore is prone to having bad games, especially against good teams. I think the Saints have too many weapons on offense. New Orleans, in a mild upset, wins by a touchdown.

Dave: Ravens - The Saints have gotten back into Super Bowl champion form, but they are a finesse team going into Baltimore against a Ravens defense that likes to smack you in the mouth. The Ravens offense is finally good enough to go blow for blow with their opponents and I think this becomes a shootout with Baltimore's D getting the last laugh.


Detroit (+4.5) at Tampa Bay


Gabe: Detroit - Tampa Bay always finds ways to win, and I think they do today as well, but it will be close. I think Tampa wins, but by only a field goal.

Dave: Bucs - If Tampa Bay is to be taken seriously, they have to take care of business against a feisty but still mediocre Lions team. The Bucs specialize in beating up on punchless, bottom-of-the-barrell teams, and this should be no different. Bucs by a touchdown.


Washington (+7) at Dallas


Gabe: Dallas - So now the Redskins have the best back-up quarterback in the league, although I hear McNabb is probably going to be the no. 3 quarterback on the depth chart. Dallas is not as bad as their record and is playing well right now. I think DeMarcus Ware harasses Grossman into a few picks. Dallas by double digits.

Dave: Cowboys - As I wrote in my McNabb piece yesterday, this is Mike Shanahan's only shot at vindication. If he succeeds in sweeping the Cowboys with Rex Grossman at QB, then he looks a lot brighter by benching "The $78 Million Man" Donovan McNabb. If the 'Skins get embarressed, which has been their calling card this season, then he deserves every piece of the backlash he'll get from this day forward. Either way, I think they did McNabb dirty in Washington and I hope next season McNabb finally gets his payback. As for today, Cowboys roll here.


Philadelphia (+3) at N.Y. Giants


Gabe: N.Y. Giants - Ok, I usually try to pick games with my head, not my heart, but I have believe the Giants win this game. It is my fan's duty to believe in my team this week. The formula for this win is to pressure Michael Vick and use Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw to keep the game short and the ball away from Philly's offense. Can they do that? Sure. Are they just as likely to watch Michael Vick go for 400 total yards and 5 TD's? Yes. I have to believe. Giants by a touchdown.

Dave: Philadelphia - The Giants' defensive line is the only defense, probably in the NFL, that is fast enough to keep up with Mike Vick. Problem is, Big Blue's secondary can't keep up with DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. If Vick can get enough seperation from this Giants' pass rush, he'll feast on New York's secondary. He'll also get help from Eli Manning, who enjoys turning the ball over every now and then. Eagles break out the brooms....win by a field goal.


Arizona (+2.5) at Carolina


Gabe: Carolina - Wow, this the "Big Game" of the "I Wouldn't Watch This Game if it Were Played in My Driveway" series. Umm...I'll take Carolina because they are at home.

Dave: Cardinals - I really hate rolling the dice on John Skelton, so I can only imagine how the Cardinals' coaching staff must feel. Both of these teams suck, but if you listen close enough, you'll hear children in dark corners of Asian sweat shops sewing together "Andrew Luck" on the back of Panthers jerseys and "Ryan Mallett" on the back of Cardinals shirts. Cards by a field goal, since I have to pick a winner.


Buffalo (+5) at Miami


Gabe: Miami - Buffalo is terrible. Miami wins at home. That's all I got.

Dave: Miami - I have my reluctance to take Miami here, since they seem to do all their winning outside of South Beach. Buffalo really has no reason to win this game. If they tank the season, they can hope Carolina plays its way out of the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. I think Miami has one more left hook to throw before calling it a season, and I say it lands on the Bills' chin today. 'Phins by 6.


Kansas City (+3) at St. Louis


Gabe: St. Louis - The Rams are good, but young. They are at home. And oh yea, the Chiefs are starting Brodie Croyle at quarterback who has never won a game as a starter. Rams by a touchdown.

Dave: Chiefs - Chiefs need this one because San Diego is still on their heels and the Raiders are breathing down their neck as well. Obviously, their fate lies in whether Matt Cassel heals quick from his appendectomy. Rams are decent at home, and a win here helps their chances in the NFC West, but I think the Chiefs have too much on offense for St. Louis. Chiefs by 9.

Jacksonville (+5) at Indianapolis


Gabe: Jacksonville - Indy is reeling. Peyton Manning needs to get out of his funk. I think this game hinges on Maurice Jones-Drew. I don't think the Colts have an answer for Mojo. The Jags get the straight up win in my....wait for it...UPSET SPECIAL!!

Dave: Jags - If the Jags are legit and have any desire of stealing the AFC South, they need to knock out Indy while they have the Colts on the ropes. Peyton Manning bounced back a bit last week against Tennessee and he's not going to hand over the South to Jacksonville easily, but I say this one is close and the Colts only win by 3.


Cleveland (+1) at Cincinnati


Gabe: Cleveland - Peyton Hillis left. Peyton Hillis right. Peyton Hillis up the middle. Cincy sucks. Cleveland wins outright.

Dave: Browns - Again, if you're Cincy, why win this game? Marvin Lewis is a goner. So is T.O. So is Carson Palmer. You have a top 3 pick locked up. You've sucked ALL year. Why overachieve now? Browns by 7.


N.Y. Jets (+5) at Pittsburgh


Gabe: Pittsburgh - Mark Sanchez is playing like he did at USC. Pittsburgh's defense is going to crush this offense. Pittsburgh wins by at least a touchdown.

Dave: Jets - No Troy Polamalu hurts a Steelers defense that is already suspect without Aaron Smith. The Jets are desperate after losing two straight and having their face of the franchise look awfully pedestrian lately. I think the Jets man up, run the ball down the Steelers' throats and Mark Sanchez takes some chances with Polamalu out of action. Jets by 9.


Houston (+1) at Tennessee


Gabe: Tennessee - I think Matt Schaub is finally off of suicide watch. There is now way Houston gets over that loss last week. Tennessee rolls.

Dave: Houston - Two teams that always find ways to lose games, so I'll take the points. Texans by 3.
Chicago (-8) at Minnesota
Gabe:
Dave: Minnesota - Rough field conditions in Minnesota will make it tough for either team to pull away here. Obviously, with Joe Webb starting for the Vikings, it's hard not to like the Bears to win but I think we're looking at a 10-3 snoozefest dominated by the run game on both sides. Bears by 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment