Sunday, July 5, 2009

Another good one gone......

I had hoped to make my triumphant return from Mexico by talking about the ridiculousness of sports on Mexican television, ESPN specifically. That will come have to come later.




Steve McNair was found shot dead in a Nashville apartment yesterday. You can read the AP story here.

I'm not going to get into stats or accomplishments or any of that. All of the major outlets have covered that.

I'm going to remember McNair for his toughness. We live in an age when quarterback is the most coddled and protected position in all of sports. Most who play the position are primadonnas who wouldn't take the field with a hurt pinkie finger, (I'm looking at you Romo.) With McNair it seemed like he only needed four limbs and to be breathing and he was out there every Sunday. I'll always remember the two months in 2002 where he didn't practice during the week, but was out there every Sunday. Some people say it's ridiculous when football players refer to themselves as warriors. But Steve McNair was one.

R.I.P. Steve McNair

No comments:

Post a Comment