Sunday, February 6, 2011

Guess Who's Back!!

It's been a long time Boom Roasted Fans, too long in fact. I've had a transition in the way I make my legal money, and I've just now hit my groove and can get back to some of the things I love.

So, about this game today. This Super Bowl is going to be fantastic, if you're a fan of the game. If you understand the chess match that occurs on the field, you'll be in heaven. If you understand why Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers are two of the best quaterbacks in the league, even though they have wildly different styles, you'll love this game. I predict the final score will be something like 20-17.

This game will not be for the casual fan. It won't be for the guy who watches three games a year and only understands offense and scoring. It is a Chateauneuf-du-Pape being given to a Yellow Tail crowd. The genius of this game will be in the subtlety.

It is going to be like the last two episodes of The Sopranos. People who had watched the show sporadically throughout the show's run checked in to those episodes to see how it would end, but were disappointed because they truly didn't know what was going on. Where's Johnny Aprile? Why is Johnny Sack in jail? Where's Ralphie? Real fans though, loved the end of that series.

So what do I think will happen? -

Green Bay's defense is built from the secondary forward. They will be able to take the Steelers' passing game away. But if you've been paying attention to the playoffs, the Steelers are fine with that. Big Ben has not put up good numbers so far, but they have still been winning.

Pittsburgh's defense is built from the linebackers forward. They will stonewall the Packers' (all of a sudden we have a) running game. But if you've paid attention to the season, the Packers are fine with that. Their offensive strength is Aaron Rodgers. He is the key. He needs to play well for the Packers to win. The Steelers can win if Big Ben has a bad game. They have enough other weapons to carry the team. If Rodgers has a bad game, the Packers are sunk.

My predition.....the Steelers do just enough and win 24-17.

And if I hear Journey and the screen fades to black at the end of the game, I might put a brick through my TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment