Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week 1 Picks

Football returns Thursday night with defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers hosting the Super Bowl champs from two years ago, the New Orleans Saints.

With the regular season set to be underway in a matter of hours, it is time for the 3rd annual weekley picks showdown between myself and Gabe. Gabe's won it the past two years, thanks to a couple late-season collapses and some Puerto Rican voodoo but it's a new year.

Let's get it going!

Saints(+4.5) at Packers


Dave: Saints - By now, you know how I handle business when it comes to picking for my Packers. The reverse jinx has worked so well in years past, it's allowed me to watch my boys win a Super Bowl. So why go away from tradition? Look, both teams are skilled enough on offense to turn this into a shootout. I think this thing goes back and forth with a couple turnovers on both sides, with the victor winning by a field goal. That victor I believe will be Green Bay. The crowd will be so pumped with all the flair from the pregame Super Bowl celebration that the noise will be deafening and Aaron Rodgers and company is going to feed off that energy. Still, Brees is cagey enough to make things interesting, so I'm going Pack by a field goal.

Gabe: Packers - I think this game is going to be fairly close as well. The one thing the Saints do well on defense is blitz. The problem for them is Aaron Rodgers is one of the best quarterbacks in the league under pressure. He makes good decisions, quickly. That will be the difference. Pack by a touchdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment